At a glance
Desk top made from reclaimed scaffold boards.
- Width: 65cm
- Length: From 90cm - 180cm
- Custom sizes available, please enquire
- Legs available separately, please see below
Don't forget the legs!!!
This listing is for the desk top, so make sure to add a set of legs to your basket too. We've got a few options, so please see our recommendations just below, or to see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page.
To see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page. However we have made recommendations below as to what we feel are good options for this particular desk top.
- Recommendation 1: Hairpin Legs at 71cm - see here.
- Recommendation 2: Hairpin Legs at 86cm - see here.
- Recommendation 3: Box section legs (5 styles) - see here. Please be sure to choose the "Table (H71cm x W58cm)" option.
- Recommendation 4: Tapered Oak Legs - see here.
Leg colour options
- Hairpin options = available in Raw Steel*, Black, White, Copper, Brass, Red, Yellow.
- Custom colours available on request.
*The raw steel gives a wonderful industrial look, but please note it will rust over time, even indoors
Now back to The Desk...
Made from our own scaffold boards, the Reclaimed Scaffold Board Desk is an instant hit in any room. It is particularly well suited to being a desk in an office or bedroom, but will equally work as a small dining table in a dining room. Pairing the rugged boards with the modern hairpin legs combines classic materials with contemporary design.
The result - a timeless piece of furniture.
The best part is that we allow you to customise the table top and legs, giving you complete freedom of expression and a chance to be a part of the crafting of your item. We sell the table without legs so that you can add your own by choosing from our range of legs over on our Accessories page (we've made some recommendations above). You may even have decided to make your own legs, in which case you're welcome to purchase the table top as it is.
Let's not forget the green credentials too, as the boards are re-purposed and made from a sustainable material, so you know that this product has had minimal environmental impact.
We offer three different finishes for the desk top (please see below), and the top can be built with a frame or without. The tables themselves are all hand-made using a variety of techniques. The boards are biscuit jointed and both machine and hand sanded, which allows them to retain a wonderful rustic feel whilst having a professional and durable finish.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked boards (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
- Length: Up to 180cm (approx 6t in length). We can offer any custom length between the above standard options, please enquire.
- Width: Made to approx 65cm total width as standard (this is the size shown in the photos above). We can offer custom widths please enquire if required.
Size is approximate and may vary by 1-5cm due to the reclaimed nature of the boards.
Legs supplied separately (please see above)
Item No: F02
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish.
This is available in three colour options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
With a frame: Timber frame/border as shown in the photo
Without a frame: No frame.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
If you have a custom piece in mind then please do get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.