At a glance
Console table top made from reclaimed scaffold boards, and metal hairpin legs included.
- Width: 225mm (standard scaffold board width)
- Length: From 90cm - 180cm
- Custom sizes available, please enquire
- Legs included, please see options below
The Console Table
The console table is a classic piece of furniture that fits in almost any room. Ideal in a hallway for your wallet and keys, it also looks great in a living room, dining room or bedroom with an array of plants on top. Pairing the rugged scaffold board with modern hairpin legs combines classic materials with contemporary design.
The result - a timeless piece of furniture.
Let's not forget the green credentials too, as the boards are re-purposed and made from a sustainable material, so you know that this product has had minimal environmental impact.
We offer seven different finishes for the console table (please see below). The table in this instance is left with a rounded end, however we also offer a square end (please see here). The tables themselves are all hand-made using a variety of techniques which allows us to retain the rustic feel while giving the table a professional and durable finish.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked boards (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): 225mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above.
Leg size: Pair of 3-rod hairpin legs at 86cm (34 inches)
Item No: F06
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish.
This is available in three standard oil options and three "special" (flamed) options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Machine sanded and then fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred and Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
Leg colour options
- Available in Black, White, Copper, Brass.
- Additional and custom colours available on request.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
If you have a custom piece in mind then please do get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.