A jointed board is one where two boards have been joined together to create a wider, single board. A standard board is 225mm width so this allows a board to be created with a width of 440mm, once an allowance is made for the cuts. The boards are "biscuited" and glued together, creating a very strong join between the two individual boards. Custom widths and lengths available (see below). The join will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
For our single width boards, please click here.
A reclaimed scaffold board is both a functional and beautiful item, displaying all the rugged character of aged wood, but with the strength and hard-wearing qualities that a scaffold board needs to survive the rough and tumble of a building site. As such, they are ideal for a multitude of purposes, whether as flooring, cladding, shelving, furniture and more.
If our boards could speak, they could each tell a different story. Instead of words, they show this through their knocks and dents, their scratches and scrapes, all of which add to their charm and make it so that no board is the same as another.
Remember - it's these imperfections that make them perfect!
This listing is for a "special" reclaimed board, up to 2x width (jointed) with three different "styles" or finishes and one oiling option available (see below). For unsanded or sanded reclaimed boards, please click back to our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards product category. For new boards please click here. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): Up to 440mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above
Joint: The joint will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
End Bands: De-banded
Item No: RCJ03
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
- For samples please click here.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
With our jointed boards, we do not charge extra for a rip cut to a particular width. As this is two boards at 225mm width each, each ripped on one side and joined to a max width of 440mm, we can just adjust the rip cut accordingly.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.