Please note: These boards are ripped to a narrower width of 100mm as opposed to the standard width of 225mm. For standard width boards please click here.
We may specialise in reclaimed scaffold boards, but for some purposes a new board fits the bill better. These brand new boards are kiln dried to a moisture content of 6-8%, meaning that they are ideal for makers and carpenters.
We've taken our standard scaffold board, and "ripped" it down to a width of 100mm. This makes it great for cladding as the narrower width means that they are not only easier to handle and fix in position, but also to create a particular effect or layout. The two long sides have both been sawn to size and this will make those edges more regular and uniform than they would otherwise be. The boards are also great for furniture and tables, as the slimmer width is more suited to certain designs and builds.
Our new boards are completely unused.
This listing is for a sanded new board, kiln dried, narrowed to 100mm width, with two sanding options and three oiling options available (see below). For standard width, unsanded, or styled new boards, please click back to our New Scaffold Boards product category. For reclaimed boards please click here. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: Not BS graded. Not to be used in scaffolding.
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): 100mm wide, 38-40mm thick, length as per options above
End bands: De-banded
Item No: NK12
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. This makes it more suitable for furniture making.
- Please be aware that machine sanded boards, when oiled, will often finish a lighter shade than an equivalent hand sanded board. This is due to the the machine sanding process removing more of the dark outer part of the board, and also because it closes the grain more which means less oil is absorbed. If unsure, please do order a sample of each.
- For samples please click here.
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish. This is available in three colour options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 100mm wide to 80mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.