Please note: These boards are ripped to a narrower width of 100mm as opposed to the standard width of 225mm. For standard width boards please click here.
We may specialise in reclaimed scaffold boards, but for some purposes a new board fits the bill better. These brand new boards are kiln dried to a moisture content of 6-8%, meaning that they are ideal for makers and carpenters.
We've taken our standard scaffold board, and "ripped" it down to a width of 100mm. This makes it great for cladding as the narrower width means that they are not only easier to handle and fix in position, but also to create a particular effect or layout. The two long sides have both been sawn to size and this will make those edges more regular and uniform than they would otherwise be. The boards are also great for furniture and tables, as the slimmer width is more suited to certain designs and builds.
Our new boards are completely unused.
This listing is for a new board, kiln dried, sanded, and narrowed to 100mm width. For new boards which are standard width, unsanded or styled, please check our New Scaffold Boards product category. For reclaimed boards please click back to our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards product category.
Grade: Not BS graded. Not to be used in scaffolding.
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 100mm wide, 38-40mm thick, length as per options above
End bands: De-banded
Item No: NK12
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. This makes it more suitable for furniture making.
- For samples please click here.
- None: Does what it says on the tin. But no oil, and no tin, in this instance. Ideal for those who prefer to oil the board themselves.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout, but please find below a guide to shipping costs for your information. Boards weigh approx 0.6kg per ft. You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
Boards up to and including 4ft in length
- 2kg = £4.99
- 5kg = £5.99
- 10kg = £6.99
- 15kg = £9.99
- each 15kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 5ft to and including 10ft in length
- 20kg = £19.99 (except for 5ft = £12.99)
- 40kg = £34.99
- each 20kg increase adds £20 thereafter
Boards from 11ft to and including 13ft in length
- As above, but a £20 one-off surcharge is added for any order containing one or more of these sizes. This matches the charge from our couriers for items over 300cm (10ft) in length. The charge will not initially be calculated in the shipping and basket price as it is not possible to program our weight-based shipping system to take in to account. You are welcome to place the order and we will then invoice this £20 after, or please get in touch and we will create the order for you to include this charge.
- These boards are kiln dried and therefore have a low moisture content.
- These boards are not graded to a BS standard and therefore are not suitable for use in any scaffold system. They are intended for furniture and other similar uses only.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the closest size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 100mm wide to 80mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.