Scaffold boards are incredibly versatile products - not only are they great as shelves or turned in to tables, they also make a cost effective and wonderfully charming form of cladding. They can be used internally or externally (if treated appropriately) and will lend a sturdy, rugged feel to any project they're used for.
These boards have had their thickness reduced by half, from 38mm to approx 15-18mm, to make them more suitable for cladding.
New boards are more uniform and clean in appearance, but still with the chunky charm that we all love scaffold boards for.
This listing is for a sanded new board with two sanding options and three oiling options available (see below). For unsanded or styled new boards, or other types of cladding, please click back to our Cladding product category.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): 225mm wide, 15-18mm thick, length as per options above
Item No: CLN02
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness.
- Please be aware that machine sanded boards, when oiled, will often finish a lighter shade than an equivalent hand sanded board. This is due to the the machine sanding process removing more of the dark outer part of the board, and also because it closes the grain more which means less oil is absorbed. If unsure, please do order a sample of each.
- For samples please click here.
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish. This is available in three colour options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 225mm wide to 180mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.