These battens are made from our reclaimed scaffold boards and therefore have all the character and detail of our boards, but sized as a batten, making then ideal for cladding, panelling, screening, room dividing, and a range of other decorative uses. Unlike many other cladding options, these battens have a good depth to them, ideal for creating a visually stunning shadow gap if spaced in this way.
The cladding is intended for both interior and external use and will look incredible in both settings. If using externally please do make sure to understand and research the required treatments and maintenance that you would be required.
This listing is for a "special" reclaimed scaffold board batten. For unsanded or sanded battens, please click back to our Cladding product category.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 40mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above
Item No: RB03
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
- For samples please click here.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout, but please find below a guide to shipping costs for your information. Battens weigh approx 250g per ft. You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
Battens up to and including 4ft in length
- 2kg = £4.99
- 5kg = £5.99
- 10kg = £8.99
- 15kg = £9.99
- each 15kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 5ft to and including 10ft in length
- 20kg = £24.99 (except for 5ft = £19.99)
- 40kg = £34.99
- each 20kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 11ft to and including 13ft in length
- 20kg = £49.99
- 40kg = £62.50
- each 20kg increase adds £12.50 thereafter
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
For these battens we do not offer samples, but please do go ahead and purchase a 1ft batten if you wish to test the product first.