A reclaimed scaffold board is both a functional and beautiful item, displaying all the rugged character of aged wood, but with the strength and hard-wearing qualities that a scaffold board needs to survive the rough and tumble of a building site. As such, they are ideal for a multitude of purposes, whether as flooring, cladding, shelving, furniture and more.
If our boards could speak, they could each tell a different story. Instead of words, they show this through their knocks and dents, their scratches and scrapes, all of which add to their charm and make it so that no board is the same as another.
Remember - it's these imperfections that make them perfect!
This listing is for an unsanded board. For sanded boards or styled boards please click back to our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards product category. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 225mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above
End bands: Unsanded boards will usually have either 1 or 2 original band ends on as standard. If you require these removed we will need to charge £1.50 per end band, or customers may prefer to remove these themselves. A pair of Scaff Shop branded end bands (see here) with copper nails are included free of charge for each board, but not fixed to the board
Shipping is calculated at checkout, but please find below a guide to shipping costs for your information. Boards weigh approx 1.2kg per ft. You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
Boards up to and including 4f t in length
- 2kg = £4.99
- 5kg = £5.99
- 10kg = £6.99
- 15kg = £9.99
- each 15kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 5ft to and including 10ft in length
- 20kg = £19.99 (except for 5ft = £12.99)
- 40kg = £34.99
- each 20kg increase adds £20 thereafter
Boards from 11ft to and including 13ft in length
- As above, but a £20 one-off surcharge is added for any order containing one or more of these sizes. This matches the charge from our couriers for items over 300cm (10ft) in length. The charge will not initially be calculated in the shipping and basket price as it is not possible to program our weight-based shipping system to take in to account. You are welcome to place the order and we will then invoice this £20 after, or please get in touch and we will create the order for you to include this charge.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the closest size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
When you then view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For custom widths we will need to create a custom order for you, so we ask that you email us your exact requirements for width and length, and we will put together a quote followed by a custom order by email.
Fabulous service. Boards are like new. Would definitely recommend.
Really pleased with the whole experience. Great Item and service
Great service at the scaff shop unit and Jack was very helpful.
Perfect boards for making raised beds and a great experience.. friendly people... good communication about collecting my boards and just really helpful. Definitely returning when I need more.
I bought the unsanded scaffold boards to build some fire side alcove shelving and to provide storage for the utility room. Jack cut the boards to size and provided advise on sanding and finishing with danish oil which they also sell. The shelving looks fantastic once completed, will definitely use scaffshop again for any future projects !