Please note: These boards are ripped to a narrower width of 100mm as opposed to the standard width of 225mm. For standard width boards please click here.
We've taken our standard scaffold board, and "ripped" it down to a width of 100mm. This makes it ideal for cladding as the narrower width means that they are not only easier to handle and fix in position, but also to create a particular effect or layout. The two long sides have both been sawn to size and this will make those edges more regular and uniform than they would otherwise be.
These boards are also great for furniture and tables, as the slimmer width is more suited to certain designs, so these will be perfect for makers and carpenters alike.
If our boards could speak, they could each tell a different story. Instead of words, they show this through their knocks and dents, their scratches and scrapes, all of which add to their charm and make it so that no board is the same as another.
Remember - it's these imperfections that make them perfect!
This listing is for a "special" reclaimed scaffold board, narrowed to 100mm, with three different "styles" or finishes and one oiling option available (see below). For standard width, unsanded or sanded reclaimed boards please click back to our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards product category. For new boards please see our New Scaffold Boards category.
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 225mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above
End Bands: De-banded
Item No: RC13
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
- For samples please click here.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout, but please find below a guide to shipping costs for your information. Boards weigh approx 0.6kg per ft. You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
Boards up to and including 4ft in length
- 2kg = £4.99
- 5kg = £5.99
- 10kg = £6.99
- 15kg = £9.99
- each 15kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 5ft to and including 10ft in length
- 20kg = £19.99 (except for 5ft = £12.99)
- 40kg = £34.99
- each 20kg increase adds £20 thereafter
Boards from 11ft to and including 13ft in length
- As above, but a £20 one-off surcharge is added for any order containing one or more of these sizes. This matches the charge from our couriers for items over 300cm (10ft) in length. The charge will not initially be calculated in the shipping and basket price as it is not possible to program our weight-based shipping system to take in to account. You are welcome to place the order and we will then invoice this £20 after, or please get in touch and we will create the order for you to include this charge.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- These boards are not graded to a BS standard and therefore are not suitable for use in any scaffold system. They are intended for furniture and other similar uses only.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
- If using boards to make furniture, please make sure the moisture content is suitable at the time of making. It may be necessary to further season the wood depending on the project. For further advice, please get in touch.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the closest size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 100mm wide to 80mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.