Don't forget the legs!!!
This listing is for the desk top, so make sure to add a set of legs to your basket too. We've got a few options, so please see our recommendations just below, or to see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page.
To see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page. However we have made recommendations below as to what we feel are good options for this particular desk top.
- Recommendation 1: Hairpin Legs at 71cm - see here.
- Recommendation 2: Hairpin Legs at 86cm - see here.
- Recommendation 3: Box section legs (5 styles) - see here. Please be sure to choose the "Table (H71cm x W58cm)" option.
- Recommendation 4: Tapered Oak Legs - see here.
Leg colour options
- Hairpin options = available in Raw Steel*, Black, White, Copper, Brass, Red, Yellow.
- Custom colours available on request.
*The raw steel gives a wonderful industrial look, but please note it will rust over time, even indoors
Now back to The Desk...
Made from our own scaffold boards, the Reclaimed Scaffold Board Desk is an instant hit in any room. It is particularly well suited to being a desk in an office or bedroom, but will equally work as a small dining table in a dining room. Pairing the rugged boards with the modern hairpin legs combines classic materials with contemporary design.
The result - a timeless piece of furniture.
The best part is that we allow you to customise the table top and legs, giving you complete freedom of expression and a chance to be a part of the crafting of your item. We sell the table without legs so that you can add your own by choosing from our range of legs over on our Accessories page (we've made some recommendations below). You may even have decided to make your own legs, in which case you're welcome to purchase the table top as it is.
Let's not forget the green credentials too, as the boards are re-purposed and made from a sustainable material, so you know that this product has had minimal environmental impact.
Our 120cm x 65cm table is ideal as a desk or small dining table.
We offer four different finishes for the desk top (please see below), and the top can be built with a frame or without. There is also the choice of either grooved (routed) or flush edges. The tables themselves are all hand-made using a variety of techniques. The boards are biscuit jointed and sanded, which allows them to retain a wonderful rustic feel whilst having a professional and durable finish.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked boards (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 120cm x 65cm length and width. Size is approximate and may vary by 1-5cm due to the reclaimed nature of the boards.
Legs supplied separately (please see above)
Item No: F02
Oiled (natural): Finished with natural colour danish oil.
Oiled (antique): Finished with an antique colour danish oil.
Oiled (jacobean oak): Finished with a jacobean oak colour danish oil.
Oiled (natural) and flamed: This time we give it our signature "flame" finish, where we lightly scorched the wood with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then apply danish oil in a "natural" colour to bring out the grain further, giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
With a frame: Finished with natural colour danish oil.
Without a frame: Finished with an antique colour danish oil.
This refers to the edges of each of the boards, as they butt up against the next board. The edges can be grooved (chamfered) so that the boards retain a traditional type of edge, or they can be cut flush which can make the table easier to wipe clean.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each table will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
If you have a custom piece in mind then please do get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.