A jointed board is one where two boards have been joined together to create a wider, single board. A standard board is 225mm width so this allows a board to be created with a width of 440mm, once an allowance is made for the cuts. The boards are "biscuited" and glued together, creating a very strong join between the two individual boards. Custom widths and lengths available (see below). The join will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
For our single width boards, please click here.
Please note: These boards are 63mm thick, rather than the standard 38mm thickness. For 38mm boards please click here.
We may specialise in reclaimed scaffold boards, but for some purposes a new one fits the bill better. For certain locations and purposes, a new board can give a more refined look where a reclaimed one wouldn't. It may even be the case that you wish to use new ones combined with older ones.
These boards are chunkier than your average scaffold board. Whilst still technically a scaff board, these particular boards are designed for a niche use in the scaffold industry. Because of this they are more heavy duty and therefore a lot thicker than the standard size scaffold board.
This makes them ideal for a chunkier style in shelving and furniture. Even more suited to the rustic or "cottage" look than our standard boards, these will perfectly complement farmhouse style pine dining tables, or solid butcher block style worktops.
This listing is for a sanded new "chunky" board, up to 2x width (jointed), with two sanding options and three oiling options available (see below). For unsanded or styled "chunky" boards, or any of our standard thickness new boards, please click back to our New Scaffold Boards product category. For reclaimed boards please click here. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): Up tp 440mm wide, 63mm thick, length as per options above
Joint: The joint will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
End Bands: De-banded
Item No: NJ22
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. This makes it more suitable for furniture making.
- Please be aware that machine sanded boards, when oiled, will often finish a lighter shade than an equivalent hand sanded board. This is due to the the machine sanding process removing more of the dark outer part of the board, and also because it closes the grain more which means less oil is absorbed. If unsure, please do order a sample of each.
- For samples please click here.
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish. This is available in three colour options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
With our jointed boards, we do not charge extra for a rip cut to a particular width. As this is two boards at 225m width each, each ripped on one side and joined to a max width of 440mm, we can just adjust the rip cut accordingly.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.