A jointed board is one where two boards have been joined together to create a wider, single board. A standard board is 225mm width so this allows a board to be created with a width of 440mm, once an allowance is made for the cuts. The boards are "biscuited" and glued together, creating a very strong join between the two individual boards. Custom widths and lengths available (see below). The join will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
For our single width boards, please click here.
We may specialise in reclaimed scaffold boards, but for some purposes a new board fits the bill better. These brand new boards are kiln dried to a moisture content of 6-8%, meaning that they are ideal for makers.
Our new boards are completely unused.
This listing is for a "special" new board, kiln dried, up to 2x width (jointed), with three different "styles" or finishes and one oiling option available (see below). For unsanded or sanded new boards, please click back to our New Scaffold Boards product category. For reclaimed boards please click here. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: Not BS graded. Not to be used in scaffolding.
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: Up to 440mm wide, 40mm thick, length as per options above
End bands: De-banded
Item No: NKJ03
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
- For samples please click here.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- These boards are kiln dried and therefore have a low moisture content.
- These boards are not graded to a BS standard and therefore are not suitable for use in any scaffold system. They are intended for furniture and other similar uses only.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
- If using boards to make furniture, please make sure the moisture content is suitable at the time of making. It may be necessary to further season the wood depending on the project. For further advice, please get in touch.
- The join will always be central to the requested width, unless you specify differently.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
With our jointed boards, we do not charge extra for a rip cut to a particular width. As this is two boards at 225m width each, each ripped on one side and joined to a max width of 440mm, we can just adjust the rip cut accordingly.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.