Please note: These boards are 63mm thick, rather than the standard 38mm thickness. For 38mm boards please click here.
We may specialise in reclaimed scaffold boards, but for some purposes a new one fits the bill better. For certain locations and purposes, a new board can give a more refined look where a reclaimed one wouldn't. It may even be the case that you wish to use new ones combined with older ones.
These boards are chunkier than your average scaffold board. Whilst still technically a scaff board, these particular boards are designed for a niche use in the scaffold industry. Because of this they are more heavy duty and therefore a lot thicker than the standard size scaffold board.
This makes them ideal for a chunkier style in shelving and furniture. Even more suited to the rustic or "cottage" look than our standard boards, these will perfectly complement farmhouse style pine dining tables, or solid butcher block style worktops.
This listing is for a sanded new "chunky" board with two sanding options and three oiling options available (see below). For unsanded boards or any of our standard thickness new boards please click back to our New Scaffold Boards product category. For reclaimed boards please see our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards category. Brackets not included with this listing - please see brackets here.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 225mm wide, 63mm thick, length as per options above
End Bands: Boards are sent de-banded
Item No: N02
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. It will still retain many of the characteristic dents and splits which make a reclaimed board what it is, but make it more suitable for furniture making.
- For samples please click here.
- None: Does what it says on the tin. But no oil, and no tin, in this instance. Ideal for those who prefer to oil the board themselves.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout, but please find below a guide to shipping costs for your information. Boards weigh approx 2.5kg per ft. You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
Boards up to and including 4ft in length
- 2kg = £4.99
- 5kg = £5.99
- 10kg = £6.99
- 15kg = £9.99
- each 15kg increase adds £10 thereafter
Boards from 5ft to and including 8ft in length
- 20kg = £19.99 (except for 5ft = £12.99)
- 40kg = £34.99
- each 20kg increase adds £20 thereafter
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
- If using boards to make furniture, please make sure the moisture content is suitable at the time of making. It may be necessary to further season the wood depending on the project. For further advice, please get in touch.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the closest size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 225mm wide to 180mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.