Pallet wood is an excellent choice for a variety of uses. It works particularly well as cladding due to it's thickness, and it's varying tones and hues make it a beautiful wood to use both internally and externally (if treated appropriately).
This pallet wood is new and is therefore great if you're looking for a more uniform appearance across the different pieces. These boards are kiln dried to a moisture content of 6-8%.
This listing is for a new, kiln dried sanded board. For unsanded boards or styled boards please click back to our Cladding product category. These boards have not been nailed.
Grade: Heat treated (not chemically treated)
Dimensions: See length options above.
Width - 100mm
Thickness - 16mm
We can also supply up to 16ft length. Please get in touch if you require a size 14ft - 16ft.
Item No: CLPN02
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. It will still retain many of the characteristic dents and splits which make a reclaimed board what it is, but make it more suitable for furniture making.
- None: Does what it says on the tin. But no oil, and no tin, in this instance. Ideal for those who prefer to oil the board themselves.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Please advise us which oil option you would like by using the "notes to seller" box when viewing your basket.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- These boards are kiln dried and therefore have a low moisture content.
- With new pallet wood there is usually one "good" face, and the opposite face may be slightly chamfered due to the way the timber is cut.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 120cm (4ft) board from 100mm wide to 75mm width, the cost would be £4 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 4). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.