Scaffold boards are incredibly versatile products - not only are they great as shelves or turned in to tables, they also make a cost effective and wonderfully charming form of cladding. They can be used internally or externally (if treated appropriately) and will lend a sturdy, rugged feel to any project they're used for.
These boards have had their thickness reduced by half, to approx 16-19m, to make them more suitable for cladding.
New boards are more uniform and clean in appearance, but still with the chunky charm that we all love scaffold boards for. These brand new boards are kiln dried to a moisture content of 6-8%.
This listing is for a "special" new board, kiln dried, with three different "styles" or finishes and one oiling option available (see below). For unsanded or styled new boards, or other types of cladding, please click back to our Cladding product category.
Grade: Not BS graded. Not to be used in scaffolding.
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): 225mm wide, 16-19mm thick, length as per options above
Item No: CLNK03
- Flame: The board is machine sanded to give a clean surface and then lightly scorched with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Charred: Fully scorched using the Japanese "Shou Sugi Ban" technique of torching the wood with a blow torch to give a rich, darkened appearance. The wood is then meticulously scraped with a wire brush to remove the loose charred pine and reveal a beautiful contrast and texture. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood.
- Coloured: Charred as above, but with an additional coloured stain applied to give a vibrant finish, available in a number of different colours. We then a apply a natural colour danish oil to protect the wood. To choose a colour please add the "Charred - Coloured" item to your basket, then when you view your basket you will see a "Add instructions to seller" option. Please specify the colour here.
--- Available colours - Rustic Red, Midnight Blue, Amber, White Wash and more - please contact us to discuss specific colour request and we will be happy to help.
- For samples please click here.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin sheen.
- For samples please click here.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. To see an estimate for shipping, please add the required items to your basket, view your basket, then click "Get shipping estimates". You are also welcome to collect from our Frome (Somerset) shop for no charge, this option is available at checkout.
- Please refer to our Product Notes page (click here) for advice on some things to consider when buying this product. We ask all customers to read this before purchasing.
We do not charge any extra to cut a board to a particular length. To make use of this service please add to your basket the next larger size of board to the size you require, for example if you would like a 55cm length board and an 82cm length board please add one 60cm board and one 90cm board.
We do charge for rip cuts to a particular width, at £1 per foot (30cm). For example, to rip a 300cm (10ft) board from 225mm wide to 180mm width, the cost would be £10 for this service. You can add this to your order by adding the Rip Cut product below - you will initially only be able to add 1 at £1, but when you go to your basket you can adjust the quantity accordingly (in the above example you would change the quantity to 10). Don't worry - if you choose too many or too few then we can always edit the order for you and credit/invoice for the balance.
You can then let us know the custom sizes you require at the basket stage. When you view your basket you should see an option to "Add instructions for seller" - please click on this and specify the required sizes. We'll see this note on your order and cut accordingly.
To purchase any of the above options in a smaller sample size please see our Sample Pieces.