Please note: These samples are 63mm thick, rather than the standard 38mm thickness. For samples of our standard 38mm boards please click here.
We know that many of you would like to see a sample of what you're planning to purchase before taking the plunge and putting the full order in. Here you can order a sample block which can be bought in any one of our finishes. This is cheaper than buying even the smallest (1ft) size of the item itself, so gives you a great way of seeing the different finishes that we have.
We specialise in reclaimed boards but now also offer new boards too after popular demand, so we now offer samples in both.
This listing is for one sample piece of our chunky board, with various sanding and finishing options available (see below). The sample piece is not a full width piece and is instead a sample block smaller than a 1ft board (our smallest standard size), to give an idea of the timber, thickness, and finish. For a larger sample, we advise ordering our 1ft board in the corresponding new/reclaimed option. For full boards, please see our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards product category. For new boards please click here.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions (approx): 63mm thick
Item No: S03
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. It will still retain many of the characteristic dents and splits which make a reclaimed board what it is, but make it more suitable for furniture making.
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish. This is available in three colour options:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber (if "reclaimed" selected), the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.