Please note: These samples are 63mm thick, rather than the standard 38mm thickness. For samples of our standard 38mm boards please click here.
We know that many of you would like to see a sample of what you're planning to purchase before taking the plunge and putting the full order in. Here you can order a sample block which can be bought in any one of our finishes. This is cheaper than buying even the smallest (1ft) size of the item itself, so gives you a great way of seeing the different finishes that we have.
We specialise in reclaimed boards but now also offer new boards too after popular demand, so we now offer samples in both.
This listing is for one sample piece of our chunky board, with various sanding and finishing options available (see below). For full boards, please see our Reclaimed Scaffold Boards or New Scaffold Boards product categories.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 63mm thick
- Light (hand) sand: We give the board a light sand by hand. This takes out any lumps and bumps and leaves the board smoother than when it is unfinished. All hard edges are also smoothed off.
- Full (machine) sand: The board is drum sanded, which takes out any un-evenness and makes the board more uniform in appearance and thickness. It will still retain many of the characteristic dents and splits which make a reclaimed board what it is, but make it more suitable for furniture making.
- None: Does what it says on the tin. But no oil, and no tin, in this instance. Ideal for those who prefer to oil the board themselves.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber (if "reclaimed" selected), the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound. They are always free of paint.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
Good products with great customer service
I ordered some samples with the plan to buy some larger boards to make a table. Arrived as described and within timeframe advertised. I had a few questions and was answered almost instantly. Great modern company offering great products and with fantastic communication. Highly recommend.
The Scaff Shop
Hi Mark, thank you so much for your kind email! We're always working on offering the best products and service possible so it's great to hear when this is working :).