Don't forget the legs!!!
This listing is for the bench top, so make sure to add a set of legs to your basket too. We've got a few options, so please see our recommendations just below, or to see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page.
Leg colour options
- Box section legs available in Raw Steel* or Black
- Hairpin legs available in Raw Steel*, Black, White, Copper, Brass, Red, Yellow
- Custom colours available on request.
*The raw steel gives a wonderful industrial look, but please note it will rust over time, even indoors
Now back to The Bench...
Made from our own scaffold boards, the Reclaimed Scaffold Board Bench is an instant hit in any room. It is particularly suited to being paired with our dining table, but is also perfect for a hallway, living room, or just about anywhere you like to have a moments rest! Pairing the rugged boards with industrial box section or hairpin legs combines classic materials with contemporary design.
The result - a timeless piece of furniture.
The best part is that we allow you to customise the bench top and legs, giving you complete freedom of expression and a chance to be a part of the crafting of your item. We sell the bench without legs so that you can add your own by choosing from our range of legs over on our Accessories page (we've made some recommendations below). You may even have decided to make your own legs, in which case you're welcome to purchase the bench top as it is.
Let's not forget the green credentials too, as the boards are re-purposed and made from a sustainable material, so you know that this product has had minimal environmental impact.
We offer four different finishes for the bench top (please see below). The benches themselves are all hand-made using a variety of techniques. The boards are biscuit joined, with mitered corners and routed edges. This still allows us to retain the rustic feel while giving the bench a professional and durable finish.
- Grade: British Standard, kite-marked boards (highest grade available)
- Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
- Dimensions: 127cm x 40cm length and width. Size is approximate and may vary by 1-5cm due to the reclaimed nature of the boards.
- Legs supplied separately (please see above)
- Oiled (natural): Finished with natural colour danish oil.
- Oiled (antique): Finished with an antique colour danish oil.
- Oiled (jacobean oak): Finished with a jacobean oak colour danish oil.
- Oiled (natural) with flamed edge: The main section of the bench is left un-scorched and finished with danish oil in natural colour, and the edge is blow torched and then oiled. This gives a wonderful contrast (please see the photos above).
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each bench will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
If you have a custom piece in mind then please do get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.