Free UK Mainland shipping for this item!
Don't forget the legs!!!
This listing is for the desk top, so make sure to add a set of legs to your basket too. We've got a few options, so please see our recommendations just below, or to see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page.
To see our full range of available legs please see our Accessories page. However we have made recommendations below as to what we feel are good options for this particular desk top.
- Recommendation 1: Hairpin Legs at 71cm - see here.
- Recommendation 2: Hairpin Legs at 86cm - see here.
- Recommendation 3: Box section legs (5 styles) - see here. Please be sure to choose the "Table (H71cm x W58cm)" option.
- Recommendation 4: Tapered Oak Legs - see here.
- Recommendation 5: Mixed legs (as per photos). Please get in touch for a quote.
- Recommendation 6: Suitable for use with legs for the Ikea "Bekant" corner desk range.
Leg colour options
- Hairpin options = available in Raw Steel*, Black, White, Copper, Brass, Red, Yellow.
- Custom colours available on request.
*The raw steel gives a wonderful industrial look, but please note it will rust over time, even indoors
Now back to The Desk...
Made from our own scaffold boards, the Reclaimed Scaffold Board Corner Desk is an instant hit in any room. It is particularly well suited to being a desk in an office or bedroom. Pairing the rugged boards with the modern hairpin legs combines classic materials with contemporary design.
The result - a timeless piece of furniture.
The best part is that we allow you to customise the table top and legs, giving you complete freedom of expression and a chance to be a part of the crafting of your item. We sell the table without legs so that you can add your own by choosing from our range of legs over on our Accessories page (we've made some recommendations below). You may even have decided to make your own legs, in which case you're welcome to purchase the table top as it is.
Let's not forget the green credentials too, as the boards are re-purposed and made from a sustainable material, so you know that this product has had minimal environmental impact.
We offer four different finishes for the desk top (please see below). There is also the choice of either grooved (routed) or flush edges. Finally you can choose to have it left oriented (same as photos above) or right oriented. The tables themselves are all hand-made using a variety of techniques. The boards are biscuit jointed and sanded, which allows them to retain a wonderful rustic feel whilst having a professional and durable finish.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked boards (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 160cm length x 110cm and width at widest point, 60cm at narrowest. Size is approximate and may vary by 1-3cm due to the reclaimed nature of the boards.
Legs supplied separately (please see above)
Item No: F02
We use Danish Oil, a traditional oil which is perfect for bringing out the natural grain of the wood whilst leaving a durable, satin finish.
This is available in three colour options and one "special" (flamed) option:
- Natural (light)
- Antique (medium)
- Jacobean Oak (dark)
- Flamed & Natural: This time we give it our signature "flame" finish, where we lightly scorched the wood with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then apply danish oil in a "natural" option
We generally recommend ordering a sample so that you can make sure your preferred oil option is right for you.
Left: To fit a left corner (as per photos above).
Without a frame: To fit a right corner.
This refers to the edges of each of the boards, as they butt up against the next board. The edges can be grooved (chamfered) so that the boards retain a traditional type of edge, or they can be cut flush which can make the table easier to wipe clean.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each table will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
If you have a custom piece in mind then please do get in touch and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.