We love making our shelves and we also love finishing them for you. We imagine you opening the box and your eyes lighting up as you see the finished shelf for the first time, ready to go straight on to your wall.
But we're going to let you in to a little secret - finishing the shelf is actually pretty fun. There's something incredibly satisfying about applying oil to a shelf you've just hand sanded, and watching the grain "pop" as it drinks the oil in for the first time. So we thought we should share some of the fun part, rather than keep it all to ourselves, and that's when we came up with the "Do-it-Yourself" Shelf Kit.
We also thought that not only is this perfect for you wood oiling enthusiasts out there, but also what a cool gift it would make for a loved one. A DIY kit where the board is already cut to size (90cm, approx 3ft), but your giftee/you get to do the fun part.
So why not treat your other half, parent, neighbour, dentist, or all of the above to a wonderfully "hands-on" gift (instead of a pot plant, yet again - at least this will give them something to put the pot plants on).
This listing is for an unsanded board, but with everything you need to sand it and oil it to finish. Brackets, screws and wall plugs are included too.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 225mm wide, 38mm thick, 900mm long
Kit includes: 900mm scaffold board, 2x bracket, sandpaper & block, 200ml oil, wall plugs and screws, presentation box.
End Bands: A pair of Scaff Shop branded end bands (see here) with copper nails are included free of charge for each board, but not fixed to the board
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Hanging: Pair of 30mm hanging brackets. Please see the photos above, this is the bracket that fits to the wall above the shelf
- Propped: Pair of 30mm propped brackets. Please see photos above, this is the bracket that fits to the wall below the shelf.
(other colours are available at extra cost, please get in touch for more information)
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
- The wall plugs may not be suitable for all wall types. Please make sure to use a plug suitable for your wall or contact us for advice if unsure.