We took our standard scaffold board, and "ripped" it (that's cutting it along the grain, to narrow the width of the board, to you and me). A bit of sanding, some oil (optional), a quick drill and rebate, and two floating brackets later, and we had a wonderful "Half Scaff" shelf.
I called it "cute", but apparently that's not proper for something so sturdy.
This listing is for a hand sanded board, with two oiling options available (see below). The back edge is rebated and drilled to allow for floating brackets to be inserted and for the board to sit flush against the wall. Two floating brackets and wall plugs are included as standard.
Grade: British Standard, kite-marked (highest grade available)
Material: Wood (pine or European whitewood)
Dimensions: 110mm wide, 38mm thick, length as per options above
End Bands: A pair of Scaff Shop branded end bands (see here) with copper nails are included free of charge for each board, but not fixed to the board
- None: Does what it says on the tin. But no oil, and no tin, in this instance. Ideal for those who prefer to oil the board themselves.
- Danish Oil (colour - natural): This is a traditional oil which will help to bring out the natural grain of the wood whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - antique): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood an antique appearance whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Danish Oil (colour - jacobean oak): This oil has a slight stain in it to give the wood a darker appearance similar to antique oak, whilst giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Flamed with Danish Oil (colour - natural): This time we give it our signature "flame" finish, where we lightly scorched the wood with a blow torch to highlight the grain. We then apply danish oil in a "natural" option to bring out the grain further giving it a satin/gloss sheen.
- Square: The corners are left square as on the original board, although are very slightly rounded in the sanding process.
- Rounded: Here we round the front corners off with a jigsaw, giving a lovely gentle curve at each end.
- Because the item is a reclaimed natural timber, the product you receive will be slightly different to the the photos above, and may have various dents, cracks, and knots.
- We make sure that all of our boards are carefully selected so that they both look great and are structurally sound.
- The photos are a good representation of what you will receive but each board will be slightly different to the next.
- The colour will also vary according to the screen it is displayed on.
- The wall plugs may not be suitable for all wall types. Please choose a plug suitable for your wall or contact us for advice if unsure.
Really good shelves, just what we were looking for. Great quality at a good price. Thank you!
great product, cut to size and finished really well.
Incredibly easy, great website and quick delivery!